Young adults...experts through experience
Black Country Talent Match enables young adults furthest away from being work-ready to secure or take up enterprising and/or job opportunities, by improving confidence, optimism and offering intensive support through the provision of solution focused mentors.
Black Country Talent Match is a 5 year project supporting young ddults aged 18-29 who have been out of work, training or education for at least 6 months and who require additional support to overcome specific barriers to employment.
Talent Match Black Country is a voluntary programme which provides intensive mentoring support which will help increase your confidence, motivation and optimism, enabling you to grow, develop and move forward at a pace that suits you.
Talent Match recognises your right to make choices, therefore your participation is completely voluntary. From the outset you will opt to engage and you will be supported to make informed decisions. You will be supported by a mentor who will provide solution-focused support. The mentor will work with you to begin to identify your individual barriers and start to look at strategies on how to address them to help you move forward.
Talent Match mentors will work with you to:
- Develop stability and help prioritise and start to address barriers identified
- Develop a personal plan/journey, helping you to progress through that journey at a pace that suits you
- Identify a range of activities for you to choose from that address issues prioritised within your personal plan
- Identify opportunities for volunteering and work experience that are available to progress you to where ultimately you want to be
- Gain confidence and skills leading to employment or starting your own business.
I still believe it is one of the most crucial services out there for teenagers and young adults of my generation. People who are in trouble or unsure of what to do in their future, Talent Match has given these people and myself a goal, short or long term and something for them to look forward to and stay active and on the right path.